Inspection Reports (EICR)
Following the completion of any periodic electrical inspection and test programme the client should be provided with a full and detailed Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) for the works carried out.
The report should include details of the following aspects on the inspection and test:
- Details of the client and installation
- Extent and limitations of the inspection
- Supply characteristics and particulars of the installation
- Schedule of items inspected and tested
- Schedules of circuit details and test results
- Summary of the inspection and test
- Observations and recommendations for actions to be taken
- Signed declaration by the contractor
In practice reports are usually provided using official numbered NICEIC certificates or in a similar format using one of the bespoke software packages available. The NICEIC format is the most widely recognised and may be a requirement for certain insurance companies or legislative organisations.
Electrical Installation Condition Reports should be retained for the lifetime of the installation and should be made available by the client to any contractor who carries out the inspection and test in the future.
Learn more about Fixed Wire Test Reports and understanding observation codes.