The IET Wiring Regulations BS 7671:2008 Guidance Note 3 states "Records of all checks, inspections and tests, including test results, should be kept throughout the working life of an electrical installation. This will enable deterioration to be identified. They can also be used as a management tool to ensure that maintenance checks are being carried out and to assess their effectiveness."
There are several software packages available that will help with the record keeping for Fixed Wire Testing. They vary greatly in what they can offer and cost.
Some of the packages offer:
- Importing data from handheld devices
- Importing data from test instruments
- Exporting completed forms in pdf format
- Print directly onto NICEIC or BS 7671 certificates
- Database of protective devices
- Copy & paste circuit details
- Certificate Validation
- Full range of valuable reports
- Spell checker
Typical prices range from £300.00 to £725.00 with ongoing annual maintenance and updates ranging from free to £650 per year.
Some of the packages available:
- Castline Formfill
- Amtech FastTest
- NICEIC Certification Software